An interview about the lessons I have learned as an investor in Southeast Asia. The interview was part of the Investor Series of Great Owls.
Michael Lints, Partner at Golden Gate Ventures - an early-stage venture capital firm investing across Southeast Asia. Since 2011, the firm has invested in over 30 companies across more than 7 countries in Asia. Before becoming a Partner at Golden Gate Ventures, Michael Lints founded an IT business and his own Dutch SME-focused venture fund. Michael is also a competitive runner and cyclist. In this episode, Michael:
- shares his lessons from seeing over 1,000 company pitches a year
- explains what makes the most successful companies
- highlights the importance of personal strategy vs business strategy
- gives insider tips for founders to get the most out of the investors
- and reveals the book the has impacted him the most